Right after I disembarked my last vessel assignment, I was already thinking of the picturesque landscape of our town. I couldn’t help but imagine myself visiting hidden paradises, swimming on the tranquil waters on some of our beaches and even scaling the highest peak in our place, Mt. Maraot na Banwa. Luckily, when I arrived home, one of my old friends invited me to go hiking on that very mountain. It took us almost an hour to reach our destination, since we stopped and took a series of rests on our way to the top. I stumbled for several times because I didn’t expect our way  to be that steep. Nevertheless, despite the exhausting journey, we enjoyed the view on top, overlooking San Bernandino Strait, some portion of Samar island, the Pacific Ocean and other coastal baranggays of the town adjacent to us, Matnog, Sorsogon.
DSC01420
 
DSC01418
 
DSC01308
 
DSC01311
 
DSC01320
 
DSC01334
 
DSC01335
 
DSC01607
 
DSC01609
 
DSC01340
 
mt maraot4
 
mt maraot2
 
mt maraot
 
DSC01342
 
mt maraot3