I actually don’t have the courage to write something like this (blog entry) because I am afraid of being criticized. I am afraid of being laughed at because of my grammar, my choice of words and the way I organize my thoughts. I am afraid because maybe, some scary copy readers or people with the habit of pointing out other’s mistake might look upon my work and make a great deal out of it, negatively.

           When the idea of making a blog account came upon to me, I tried having several blogs, one after another, posting some poetry and self-authored short stories. Unfortunately, all those accounts were wiped out of oblivion because I failed to update them and I already forgotten how to get to them ( I can’t even remember their blog titles).  I guess one of the reasons why I stop updating them is that there is this not-so-good comment on a particular entry that made me stop writing and posting it for everyone to read.

           But somehow, reading blogs of other people made myself realized that it is not necessary to be so much into perfection (nobody’s perfect though) and embracing others comments as constructive criticism is definitely a good attitude for self-development.  All you need to do is be yourself when it comes to writing. No need to impress. Just express. Unlike technical writing and other forms of thought expression which follow strict rules and standards, everyone is free to write on his own style in blogosphere.

         With these things on my mind, I started scribbling down things that happen to pass on my mind. I usually do that because writing for me is really sporadic. I can’t just sit down then write. That will only make me lose my interest in writing, so I decided to bring a small notebook and a pen wherever I go.   I jot down everything that pops out of my head, leaving the pages of my small notebook with a series of jumbled words, phrases, topics and ideas. The best thing that I love about doing this is that when I start to make an article and type it in my computer, I don’t have to wait for long hours staring at the blank page on the Microsoft Word and squeezing the juices out of my drying brain. My imagination will then begin to expand, reaching out to the darkest recesses of my mind just to dig more and more ideas.

        Now that I garnered the courage to write, I will, of course, write. Write about anything, about everything. I won’t suppress this  unspeakable urge and freedom to express myself and share what’s on my mind.  It’s time to make a stand on writing.

Technorati Tags: ,,